Sunday 19 September 2010

Are E Portfolios Yesterdays Flash-in-the-Pan?

Are E Portfolios Yesterdays Flash-in-the-Pan?

Studying new a subject, like a commercial product, has a life cycle. And while I'm only halve way through the cycle with E-Portfolios (I think), I've already had some major changes of direction and thinking in the concept. I've not yet started the Core Task on E-Portfolios but some initial thoughts are worth noting. These are in chronological order...

1. I really couldn't see how these things could be relevant to me or my organisation.
2. Wow, where have these been all my life, how could anyone in my field know so little about such a great concept/tool. I am so unconsciously incompetent (or am now?)
3. Why are these papers dated 2002/5/6 etc. Why hasn't this argument moved on. Why can'tI identify a market leader in this area? Why aren't we all using them? I suspect that there are reasons for this? Which E-Portfolio should I be using?

I guess I'd best go do some reading and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment