Tuesday 7 September 2010

H808 - Core Activity - 1.4


So here we go then, Blogging for the OU as part of a post graduate course. I'm not new to blogging, I've written one before but was using it as a research tool and after a while I understood its value and thus stopped. This time its different. The value is in what one writes and how one reflects on the passing course.

The opening gambit has successfully drawn me in and I was amazed how much time I spent last night looking through posts and reading other members thoughts and stories as part of activities 1.1. and 1.2.

However, I've already started questioning the value of this course, mainly because of what I perceive to be a heavily biased Education and in particular University Education perspective. A fellow student has also commented upon the course content being e-portfolio heavy. I rather hope not, that isn't why I started this course. Regardless, the moodle interface seems good and the amount of content / resources seems up there. I feel the learning community aspect has been created, despite never having meet my fellow students which isn't something I thought I'd be saying within days of the course. This blog is activity 1.3 but I guess forms a major component of reflective evidence of learning so I'll be back. Till then, laters.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment